Connections Between Animal Abuse and Domestic Violence
- National Link Coalition
- Fact Sheet on Pet Abuse and DV (American Humane Association)
- First Strike (Humane Society of the United States)
Domestic Violence Organizations
- Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Georgia Commission on Family Violence
- Georgia Network to End Sexual Assault
- The Health Initiative — help for Georgia’s LGBTQ community
- The Purple Pocketbook — an untraceable, free app that offers safety planning tips, lists Georgia’s domestic violence organizations and legal information for victims.
- DomesticShelters.Org — an online list of free legal resources.
Animal Protection Organizations
- Georgia Department of Agriculture: Animal Cruelty FAQ
- SPOT Stopping Pet Overpopulation Together (list of area shelters, breed rescues, low-cost spay-neuter programs, and wildlife rehabilitators)
- Lifeline Animal Project
- Atlanta Humane Society
- Paws Atlanta
- Coastal Pet Rescue (Savannah)
- Spay-Neuter Assistance Program, Inc.
- RescueCats, Inc.
Pet Food Banks
Low Cost Vet Care
Other Assistance for Pet Owners
- P.A.L.S. (Pets Are Loving Support)–assists chronically ill/disabled in caring for their pets
- Dogs on Deployment — National organization that finds temporary housing for dogs while their owners are deployed
Other States & Nationwide
- American Humane Association
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Animals and Society Institute
- Empty Bowl Pet Food Pantry
- New Rattitude, Inc. (National non-profit Rat Terrier dog and puppy rescue and adoption)
- The Humane Society of the United States
- MRFs This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.