Pace your pet at the Ahimsa House Annual 5K and 1K Fun Run! We encourage everyone to bring their dogs for this run to benefit the animal and human victims of domestic violence. Of course, walkers/runners without canine accompaniment are welcome too!
5K Course is a USATF certified Peachtree Road Race qualifier for 2018 and uses Chip Timing. The course has flat to rolling hills on tree lined roads around the park with downhill finish inside beautiful Lenox Park over the dam.
Saturday August 26
5K Run starts at 7:30am.
1K Fun Run starts at 8:45am.
Lenox Park in Brookhaven (Free parking adjacent to the park at 1025 Lenox Park Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319)
5K: Fee includes Tech T-shirt (for early bird registrants) and access to the finish line goodie table
$30 Early Bird through August 19
$35 between August 20 and August 25
$40 day of event
Phantom Runner $30 anytime. Can’t make it or can’t run? You can still support Ahimsa House by signing up to participate in spirit and receive a t-shirt!
1K Fun Run: $15 anytime. This year participants in the 1K fun run will receive performance T-shirts if registered by August 20 at 5pm.
How to Register:
- Online at https://runsignup.com/Race/GA/Atlanta/WalkWagRun until Thursday, August 25 at 7PM Eastern
- At packet pickup Friday, August 25 4p-8p – Big Peach Running Co. Town Brookhaven, 705 Town Blvd, Suite 340, Brookhaven, GA
- In person at Lenox Park on day of event
Awards for 5K Run:
Prizes will be awarded to overalls, masters, and to the top 3 female and male finishers in nine age groups. Awards will be given to the Top 3 Dogs crossing the finish line.
Help Spread the Word:
Download and print event flyer (put one up at work or in your neighborhood and try to recruit a team)!
- Friday, August 25 from 4:00pm-8:00pm – Big Peach Running Co. Town Brookhaven, 705 Town Blvd, Suite 340, Brookhaven, GA (Big Peach merchandise coupons will be given to race participants at store).
Directions and Parking:
- Take I-85 to Exit 89 (North Druid Hills Rd)
- Go north on North Druid Hills Rd NE
- At the Y in the road, bear left onto E Roxboro Rd NE
- After 0.8 miles, turn right onto Lenox Park Blvd
- Go 0.1 miles and park at 1025 Lenox Park Blvd on your right
For your dog’s safety, and to make this event enjoyable for all, participants must abide by the rules listed below. We encourage the participation of dogs that are accustomed to regular exercise and are well adjusted to crowds and noisy environments with large numbers of people and other dogs.
1. Dog must be current on all shots and rabies vaccination.
2. Dog must wear an ID Tag.
3. No dogs in heat and no aggressive dogs.
4. Dog must be leashed (6 ft. max length) and in control. No retractable leashes please.
5. You must pick up after your dog. Disposable bags and water will be provided.
6. A participant can have no more than two dogs under his or her control. Children must be at least 13 years old to participate with a dog without adult supervision.
7. Strollers are allowed in the race, but for the safety of our runners, we ask that anyone participating with a stroller to please start in the back.
A Note on Canine Influenza
As many of you have heard, there is a new strain of Canine Flu (H3N1). Symptoms are as follows:
Mucus in Eyes
Cough that sounds like your pup is pulling on the leash to hard
Phlegm in Cough
We are taking precautions by asking each of you to keep a watchful eye on your pup. If your pup is showing any of the above symptoms, please take your pup to a veterinarian. As we are all concerned pup parents, let’s work together and do all we can to make the 2017 Walk, Wag, N’ Run a healthy and successful event.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is the registration fee per person or per dog? The registration fee is per person. You may bring more than one dog, but they must be under control at all times
2. Can I participate without a dog? Please do join us and have fun with or without a dog.
3. I can’t attend Walk, Wag, N’ Run but would still like to make a donation to help the animals. Can I do that? If you are unable to attend the event you can sign up to be a phantom runner or you may make a tax deductible donation of any amount here.
4. Can I buy extra t-shirts? Any remaining t-shirts will be available for purchase at the Ahimsa House office the week following the race. Please call (404) 496-4038.
5. If I register on-line or by mail, how do I pick up my t-shirt? You may pick up your t-shirt at the Finish line on the day of the event or pick up your packet before the race at a day, at Big Peach Running Co. Town Brookhaven, 705 Town Blvd, Suite 340, Brookhaven, GA.
6. Why is it important that I be on time for the start of the 5K run or fun run? The 5K begins promptly at 7:30 and the fun run at 8:45. If you want to start with the others, you will need to be on time. For course monitoring and safety reasons, those who are late may not be permitted to participate.
7. Where can I park? On the day of the event free parking (without permit) will be available at the parking structure at 1015 Lenox Park Blvd NE. Free parking is allowed in the parking structure only. Cars parked in other Lenox Park lots may be towed. There is no street parking available.
8. Why should I support Ahimsa House? Every dollar Ahimsa House raises goes to a great cause. Ahimsa House is Georgia’s only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing the links between animal cruelty and domestic violence, and to helping the human and animal victims of domestic violence reach safety together. To date, Ahimsa house has provided more than 65,000 nights of emergency safe shelter for animal victims of domestic violence across Georgia. We also provide veterinary care, transportation of pets to safety, a 24-hour crisis line, guidance on pet safety planning, legal advocacy to help owners protect their pets via the court system, financial assistance with pet deposits in transitional housing, consultation in the prosecution of cases involving animal cruelty and domestic violence, and community outreach and professional agency cross-training on understanding the role of pets in domestic violence. More than 80% of donations directly support the animals. By choosing to participate in Walk, Wag, N’ Run, you can be a vital part of this effort and have fun at the same time.
9. Can I volunteer at Walk, Wag, N’ Run? Of course! Please click here for more information and to sign up!
Have more questions? Contact Carol Neal-Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
T-Shirt Design Contest
- Theme: running to benefit the human and animal victims of domestic violence.
- Submissions due by 11:59 PM on Monday, July 31st. Our planning committee will choose the finalists, and the final winner will be determined by a vote on the Ahimsa House Facebook Page.
- Please email designs (in eps, ai, or pdf format) and any questions to Samantha Altfest at email@example.com.
- Please make your design appropriate for 3-color printing: up to 3 solid colors can be printed. We can print any 3 colors and are able to match the imprint colors used. The design cannot include any shading or gradients — each color must be a solid shade (for example, one solid color red, and not different shades of red used).
- If submitted designs are not appropriate for 3-color printing; you may be asked to withdraw your entry and resubmit with appropriate color schemes.
- This year’s t-shirt will be a silver/light grey dry-fit poly tech.
- Winner will receive special recognition on the Ahimsa House website, Facebook page, newsletter, and Neil’s Blog. Winner is also eligible to register for the 5k Run and/or Fun Run at no cost, and will receive a custom award.
T-shirt designs for the past two years: